I have been conscious of the fact that I haven't updated my blog this past month but to be honest I haven't had much time due to a very busy month both on the work and domestic front. However I have been reflecting on this years running achievements and compiling areas of focus for next year. See below:
- Finishing the Grimsthorpe 70 mile race.
- Setting a new half marathon PB
- Meeting some great new folks in the running world
- Running never got in the way of family time.
- 5 races completed (Ultras 2: 30km 1: 1/2 marathon 1: 10k 1:)
- Complete Bob Graham Round, sub 24 hours
- Run more miles and run what I can when I can.
- Don't let running conflict with family time.
In 2011 my approach to life and running will be no different from the last few months of this year. However I would like to race more and improve performance so being with other like minded individuals is a must and by joining a running club this would help but we shall see how I could fit it in. The BGR is my number one goal next year and I have been able to secure time for recces / long training runs from the family to support this effort over the next 6 months It's going to be amazing journey and no easy task especially if the weather is against us as the navigation will be challenging.
I wish you all a Happy New year and thanks for the support this past 12 months. It's been quite an adventure and there is more in store as the "wheel turns".