Amazing phone call.

Hi everyone,

Well it is 10:40pm on Sunday and I was just thinking about going to bed when I thought that I just had to briefly mention a conversation I had during this past week with a very inspirational person. That person is Alex Flynn.

Now you may not have heard about Alex but he is an amazing endurance athlete! He has done half-marathons, marathons, ultra marathons such as the Ridgeway 85 challenge (one I would like to do this year), he is shortly about to embark on competing in one of the toughest footraces on earth "The Marathon Des Sables - 7 day 250km Sahara race" and looking to take part in the "London Marathon", "Grand Union Canal race" (145 miles) and Spartathlon (152 miles in 35hrs) and that's just this year!

He also has Parkinson's disease.

I first heard of Alex through another endurance athlete on Twitter (Johnny Hall). I emailed Alex my contact number through his website www.alexflynn.co.uk after exchanging tweets and fortunately for me he made time in his busy schedule to talk to me for 30 minutes early last week.

During that phone call I must say he was the most down to earth, motivating and inspirational person I have spoken to in a long time. He was just as interested in my experiences/challenges as he was talking about his own. His philosophy on life is exactly what I aspire too, "Make every day count". I was so appreciative that Alex called me and I hope that I have the pleasure of talking to him again and hopefully meet up for a race/challenge or two!

If you want to know more about Alex and the charity www.cureparkinsons.org.uk he is raising awareness and much needed money for please visit his website www.alexflynn.co.uk

Good night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment